The 2021 ACHA Men's Division 2 National Championships will take place in Boston, MA at the New England Sports Center. The tournament is a 16 team, pool-play format with the top team from each four-team pool advancing to the single elimination semi-finals.
2020-21 Pool Alignments:
|POOL A||POOL B||POOL C||POOL D|
|Northeast||Southeast||Central 1||West 1|
|Southeast 2||Northeast 2||West 2||Central 2|
|Central 3||West 3||Northeast 3||Southeast 3|
|Southeast 4||Northeast 4|
|Semi Final’s as follows||Pool A vs. D||Pool B vs. C|
In the event of ties in records in tournament competition, the higher standings will be determined by:
1. Head to head competition
2. Number of wins
3. Fewest goals against in all tournament games
4. Goal differential in all tournament games.
5. Fewest penalty minutes.
6. Most periods won in Pool play, determined by plus minus in goals.
7. Quickest goal recorded on score sheet in Pool play.
8. Single coin flip by the Commissioner.
Following the Final Regular Season Ranking:
- Top 2 teams in each Region will receive automatic berth to National Tournament
- Teams Ranked 3- 12 in each Region will meet at selected Regional Site for National Tournament Regional Playoffs. The game format will be as listed below.
I. Game A will be Team #9 vs. Team #12
II. Game B will be Team #10 vs. Team #11
I. Team #3 vs. Lowest Seed remaining from Friday's Games
II. Team #4 vs. Highest Seed remaining from Friday's Games
III. Team #5 vs. Team #8
IV. Team #6 vs. Team #7
I. Highest Seed vs. Lowest Seed, winner earns berth to Nationals
II. Two remaining Middle Seed, winner earns berth to Nationals